How to write an email asking for a job
These are some points to remember when you write an email asking for a job.
- First write in a word document so you can check for mistakes.
- Use simple language and short sentences. No SMS language like ‘U’ for ‘You’ and ‘2’ for ‘To’ should be used.
- Write the subject line. Mention the job name or code and your name. Example: HR Executive - XYZ application.
- If a mutual friend has referred you, write that in subject line Example : Referred by XYZ for HR Executive position.
- Begin with a formal greeting like Sir or Madam.
- Mention your qualification and previous work experience.
- Talk about how your experience is useful for the job you are applying for.
- Attach your resume, unless the advertisement says you should not.
- Thank the reader for his or her time.
- Signature should be warm but formal. Example, Best Regards.