Artists with disabilities to display work in trains
The Western Railway will display art works by people with disabilities in some trains.
These are artists who paint with brushes held in their mouth or foot because of a disability.
There are four trains selected which include the Mumbai-New Delhi Duranto, Mumbai-Jaipur Duranto, and Mumbai-Ahmedabad Shatabdi.
The Western Railway has tied up with the Mouth and Foot Painting Artists Association, which is a registered society of artists with disabilities.
The association supports 20 artists from across India.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News