Artists with disabilities to display work in trains
October 4, 2016
The Western Railway will display art works by people with disabilities in some trains.
These are artists who paint with brushes held in their mouth or foot because of a disability.
There are four trains selected which include the Mumbai-New Delhi Duranto, Mumbai-Jaipur Duranto, and Mumbai-Ahmedabad Shatabdi.
The Western Railway has tied up with the Mouth and Foot Painting Artists Association, which is a registered society of artists with disabilities.
The association supports 20 artists from across India.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News