Canadian amputee who inspires people with disabilities
Daniel Ennett from Canada, a quadruple amputee has been featured in a new short film series.
The film shows his amazing journey. From getting a certifcate for diving to travelling to Florida, US, to a swim in the sea for the very first time.
Ennett who lost both his limbs as a child, is not afraid to go on a boat, swim with the sharks and also try sliding down snow-covered hills.
He wanted to show such scary acts in the film in order to inspire people with disabilities to push themselves further.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019