Election Commission of India to make voting booths accessible to people with disabilities
October 5, 2016
The Election Commission of India is working towards making the election system accessible for people with disabilities.
This comes after a ballot paper in Braille was introduced as a test for the visually-impaired.
The Election Commission wants to make changes at voting booths so that people with disabilities can come to vote without any problems.
The aim is to include them in the voting process and increase the percentage of voting.
The ECI has given instructions to local officers to create a database of people with disabilities and make sure that polling stations have facilities for them.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Sportsperson & businesswoman, Geetha Chauhan excels at all that she does
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports June 9, 2019 Thane witnesses first ever wheelchair race today
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News