Election Commission of India to make voting booths accessible to people with disabilities
The Election Commission of India is working towards making the election system accessible for people with disabilities.
This comes after a ballot paper in Braille was introduced as a test for the visually-impaired.
The Election Commission wants to make changes at voting booths so that people with disabilities can come to vote without any problems.
The aim is to include them in the voting process and increase the percentage of voting.
The ECI has given instructions to local officers to create a database of people with disabilities and make sure that polling stations have facilities for them.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019