Indore man without arms gets a driving license
October 5, 2016
45-year-old Vikram Agnihotri is a double amputee and motivational speaker from Indore.
Vikram drives his automatic gear shift car with his legs. He is the first person without arms in India to get a driving license.
Earlier Vikram's application was rejected many times by the officials. He was told he cannot give hand signals while driving. His car was not designed as per the needs of people with disabilities.
After a lot of efforts, Vikram finally succeeded in getting the licence in the invalid carriage category.
Till now, Vikram has driven around 14,500 km in Indore without any problem.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 18, 2019 Conference – Deglobalishing Disability : Texts and Contexts
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Super 30’ hits theatres
- Events July 11, 2019 Special buddies program (Basic group)
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Events July 11, 2019 SignAlong - Sign language workshop
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Events July 18, 2019 RUN for Wheels Marathon
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News