Indore man without arms gets a driving license
October 5, 2016
45-year-old Vikram Agnihotri is a double amputee and motivational speaker from Indore.
Vikram drives his automatic gear shift car with his legs. He is the first person without arms in India to get a driving license.
Earlier Vikram's application was rejected many times by the officials. He was told he cannot give hand signals while driving. His car was not designed as per the needs of people with disabilities.
After a lot of efforts, Vikram finally succeeded in getting the licence in the invalid carriage category.
Till now, Vikram has driven around 14,500 km in Indore without any problem.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News