Indore man without arms gets a driving license
45-year-old Vikram Agnihotri is a double amputee and motivational speaker from Indore.
Vikram drives his automatic gear shift car with his legs. He is the first person without arms in India to get a driving license.
Earlier Vikram’s application was rejected many times by the officials. He was told he cannot give hand signals while driving. His car was not designed as per the needs of people with disabilities.
After a lot of efforts, Vikram finally succeeded in getting the licence in the invalid carriage category.
Till now, Vikram has driven around 14,500 km in Indore without any problem.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News