Technology helps women with disabilities fight against violence
An app called Azadi Ki Udaan is helping women with disabilities fight to get their rights at home. It is also helping them reach government benefits.
The app has been developed by Shanta Memorial Rehabilitation Centre, a Bhubaneshwar-based, and technology company, Inflexi. The app is available in four states where the NGO is active. These are Gujarat, Karnataka, Odisha and Telengana. The app is available in the local language.
In India, women with disabilities are denied their rights. Lack of education and low income makes the situation worse.
The app has answers to questions under four groups - domestic violence, health, rights and government schemes for women with disabilities.To know more about the app, the contact person is Reena Mohanty, the program manager at the NGO.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019