Sachin Tendulkar meets medal winning Paralympians
October 7, 2016
At a ceremony in Mumbai, India's four 2016 Paralympics winners were honoured by Indian cricket star Sachin Tendulkar.
Among those who were present was Deepa Malik who won a silver in the women's shot put event.
Devendra Jhajharia, gold medal winner in men's javelin throw, was very happy to meet Sachin whom he regards as a role model.
Sachin said that he was honoured to be in the company of the champions and that he was very proud of all the athletes who took part.
Sachin said that they were not differently abled but extraordinarily abled as their achievements required lots of focus, effort, determination and dedication.
The medal winners got a cheque of Rs 15 lakh each. Winners in previous Paralympics were also given cash prizes.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News