Sachin Tendulkar meets medal winning Paralympians
October 7, 2016
At a ceremony in Mumbai, India's four 2016 Paralympics winners were honoured by Indian cricket star Sachin Tendulkar.
Among those who were present was Deepa Malik who won a silver in the women's shot put event.
Devendra Jhajharia, gold medal winner in men's javelin throw, was very happy to meet Sachin whom he regards as a role model.
Sachin said that he was honoured to be in the company of the champions and that he was very proud of all the athletes who took part.
Sachin said that they were not differently abled but extraordinarily abled as their achievements required lots of focus, effort, determination and dedication.
The medal winners got a cheque of Rs 15 lakh each. Winners in previous Paralympics were also given cash prizes.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News