West Bengal government offers financial help to kids with disabilities
October 5, 2016
The health department of the West Bengal government has made this Durga puja extra special for many children with disabilities by giving them financial help for surgeries.
Many children with vision and hearing impairments have been helped out.
For the first time they will see the colors and listen to the sounds of the pujas and processions of the festival season.
The families of these children have thanked the government for this help.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News