West Bengal government offers financial help to kids with disabilities
The health department of the West Bengal government has made this Durga puja extra special for many children with disabilities by giving them financial help for surgeries.
Many children with vision and hearing impairments have been helped out.
For the first time they will see the colors and listen to the sounds of the pujas and processions of the festival season.
The families of these children have thanked the government for this help.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019