West Bengal government offers financial help to kids with disabilities
October 5, 2016
The health department of the West Bengal government has made this Durga puja extra special for many children with disabilities by giving them financial help for surgeries.
Many children with vision and hearing impairments have been helped out.
For the first time they will see the colors and listen to the sounds of the pujas and processions of the festival season.
The families of these children have thanked the government for this help.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News