New device helps people with speech impairments
October 11, 2016
A new device has been launched for people with speech problems.
It can be also used by people with cerebral palsy.
The tool allows them to express their thoughts in their own voice.
It then combines their voices with recordings from a donor whose voice matches theirs.
This will help their friends and family members understand their conversation.
It has been found that speech disorders are more among children with cerebral palsy.
Cerebral palsy is a group of brain disorders that permanently affects the body and muscle movements.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News