New device helps people with speech impairments
October 11, 2016
A new device has been launched for people with speech problems.
It can be also used by people with cerebral palsy.
The tool allows them to express their thoughts in their own voice.
It then combines their voices with recordings from a donor whose voice matches theirs.
This will help their friends and family members understand their conversation.
It has been found that speech disorders are more among children with cerebral palsy.
Cerebral palsy is a group of brain disorders that permanently affects the body and muscle movements.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News