Paralympian launches exercise book for people in wheelchairs
Paralympian Dan Highcock has introduced an exercise book to help people in wheelchairs become fit, healthy and independent.
In the book, Dan gives 12 workout plans to improve hand speed, prevent heart disease and overcome injury. It also has tips on healthy eating.
He has written the book using his training experience. He has tested the exercises on himself by doing it alone.
He has also tested the programs written in the book with others.
Dan played professional wheelchair basketball all over Europe. He has won many cups and medals in local and international games.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News