Paralympian launches exercise book for people in wheelchairs
October 11, 2016
Paralympian Dan Highcock has introduced an exercise book to help people in wheelchairs become fit, healthy and independent.
In the book, Dan gives 12 workout plans to improve hand speed, prevent heart disease and overcome injury. It also has tips on healthy eating.
He has written the book using his training experience. He has tested the exercises on himself by doing it alone.
He has also tested the programs written in the book with others.
Dan played professional wheelchair basketball all over Europe. He has won many cups and medals in local and international games.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News