Paralympian launches exercise book for people in wheelchairs
October 11, 2016
Paralympian Dan Highcock has introduced an exercise book to help people in wheelchairs become fit, healthy and independent.
In the book, Dan gives 12 workout plans to improve hand speed, prevent heart disease and overcome injury. It also has tips on healthy eating.
He has written the book using his training experience. He has tested the exercises on himself by doing it alone.
He has also tested the programs written in the book with others.
Dan played professional wheelchair basketball all over Europe. He has won many cups and medals in local and international games.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News