Speech and hearing impaired girl chosen for Chattisgarh cricket team
October 7, 2016
18-year-old Shradha Vaishnav is the first person with a disability to be selected for the Chattisgarh's women's cricket team.
Shradha, who is 90% speech and hearing impaired since birth, says she was always brought up as an equal by her parents.
When she was 13 years old, she started bowling after watching cricket with her brother.
She worked hard and was chosen for the state women's cricket team.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 26, 2019 BJP to contest more seats than Congress in Lok Sabha elections
- Parasports April 24, 2019 Kolkata gears up to host three nation wheelchair cricket T-20 series
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 26, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals win again
- Parasports April 23, 2019 'Playing golf gives me satisfaction, makes me happy' - My Take by Ankush Saha, para golfer
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 26, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 Online series Safe Cooking offers lessons specially for visually impaired people
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News