Speech and hearing impaired girl chosen for Chattisgarh cricket team
October 7, 2016
18-year-old Shradha Vaishnav is the first person with a disability to be selected for the Chattisgarh's women's cricket team.
Shradha, who is 90% speech and hearing impaired since birth, says she was always brought up as an equal by her parents.
When she was 13 years old, she started bowling after watching cricket with her brother.
She worked hard and was chosen for the state women's cricket team.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News