Speech and hearing impaired girl chosen for Chattisgarh cricket team
18-year-old Shradha Vaishnav is the first person with a disability to be selected for the Chattisgarh's women's cricket team.
Shradha, who is 90% speech and hearing impaired since birth, says she was always brought up as an equal by her parents.
When she was 13 years old, she started bowling after watching cricket with her brother.
She worked hard and was chosen for the state women's cricket team.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News