Odisha-based school offers training to people with disabilities
October 13, 2016
Aaina, an organisation based out of Bhubaneswar in Odisha, is training people with disabilities so they can become financially independent.
The main principle of Aaina is to focus on including people with disabilities in areas where they are left out.
It has started a special integration school called Amo Vidyalaya. Here they are given training so they can be independent. Students as well as parents are given training in candle making, tailoring and doormat making. The final products are later put up for display in exhibitions across Odisha.
Aaina also organises awareness programs in various municipalities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News