Amputee beauty blogger takes Internet by storm
October 12, 2016
Kaitlyn Dobrow has taken the world by storm with her blogs on beauty and make up tips.
What is amazing is that Kaitlyn is not like any other beauty expert.
She creates all her make up looks with a prosthetic arm.
Kaitlyn was 19 years old when she got meningitis. The infection led to blood clots that prevented blood from reaching the skin on her body.
This led to scars that looked like burn marks. She went through over 20 surgeries, including operations on the skin and amputations of all four of her limbs.
She had to learn how to walk and fold her clothes with her prosthetics.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News