Session in Braille learning started in Kerala
In a first-of-its-kind initiative in Kerala, a group of blind people including children started learning by touching Braille dots here.
Twelve people from the ages of 8-30 years were made to read the braille alphabets at a special programme.
Experts helped them read the English braille alphabets during a function organised by the National Association for the Blind.
Most of the participants were from a poor background and had not started any kind of learning.
Besides the blind, parents and relatives were also given the first lessons to read Braille.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019