Session in Braille learning started in Kerala
In a first-of-its-kind initiative in Kerala, a group of blind people including children started learning by touching Braille dots here.
Twelve people from the ages of 8-30 years were made to read the braille alphabets at a special programme.
Experts helped them read the English braille alphabets during a function organised by the National Association for the Blind.
Most of the participants were from a poor background and had not started any kind of learning.
Besides the blind, parents and relatives were also given the first lessons to read Braille.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
December 18, 2018
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018