Session in Braille learning started in Kerala
In a first-of-its-kind initiative in Kerala, a group of blind people including children started learning by touching Braille dots here.
Twelve people from the ages of 8-30 years were made to read the braille alphabets at a special programme.
Experts helped them read the English braille alphabets during a function organised by the National Association for the Blind.
Most of the participants were from a poor background and had not started any kind of learning.
Besides the blind, parents and relatives were also given the first lessons to read Braille.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
October 20, 2018
- Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
October 18, 2018
- Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Headlines October 20, 2018 Sabrimalai temple priests continue to block women's entry into temple
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India finish with 72 medals in Asian Para Games, record best ever performance
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News