Paracimber wins medal
29-year-old Manikandan Kumar has won three golds, seven silvers and a bronze for India in para-climbing.
Yet he is still waiting for official recognition as an athlete by the Indian government.
The Bengaluru-based climber is India's only para-athlete to have won 11 medals in the sport at the international level.
But so far he has got no financial support from the government or from a corporate sponsor.
Manikandan got polio when he was five years old.
Mani is now training hard for the 2020 Paralympics. He is hoping to find a sponsor who will help him train for the 2017 World ParaAthletics Championships in London.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News