Paracimber wins medal
October 12, 2016
29-year-old Manikandan Kumar has won three golds, seven silvers and a bronze for India in para-climbing.
Yet he is still waiting for official recognition as an athlete by the Indian government.
The Bengaluru-based climber is India's only para-athlete to have won 11 medals in the sport at the international level.
But so far he has got no financial support from the government or from a corporate sponsor.
Manikandan got polio when he was five years old.
Mani is now training hard for the 2020 Paralympics. He is hoping to find a sponsor who will help him train for the 2017 World ParaAthletics Championships in London.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News