Garba, dandiya events gives the deaf a chance to find partners
October 13, 2016
The Navratri Navyuvak Mandal for the Deaf held a grand event on the occasion of its 25th anniversary in Kandivali in Mumbai.
The event saw the biggest gathering of community members from across India.
This year, 500 people participated in the event. The event offers the community an opportunity to be themselves.
Apart from the dancing, members also look forward to the event to find a partner.
It offers a chance for them to meet and interact with a lot of new people as well.
The NNMD was started in 1992 to bring together the deaf from all over India. Those interested in joining can contact Bhumika at 08082639106.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News