Garba, dandiya events gives the deaf a chance to find partners
The Navratri Navyuvak Mandal for the Deaf held a grand event on the occasion of its 25th anniversary in Kandivali in Mumbai.
The event saw the biggest gathering of community members from across India.
This year, 500 people participated in the event. The event offers the community an opportunity to be themselves.
Apart from the dancing, members also look forward to the event to find a partner.
It offers a chance for them to meet and interact with a lot of new people as well.
The NNMD was started in 1992 to bring together the deaf from all over India. Those interested in joining can contact Bhumika at 08082639106.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019