Dancer & activist Nyle DiMarco is an inspiration to the deaf
October 2, 2017
Nyle DiMarco, a 27-year-old model, actor and deaf activist, who was born deaf, is inspiring many deaf people around the world.
He encourages people to be themselves and accept their identities.
He hold events where he speaks to people about his life as a deaf person and how he has never left the lack of hearing come in his way.
Nyle, who has a college degree in mathematics is the first deaf winner of America's Next Top Model season 22.
He also won the Dancing with the Stars show.
He has started The Nyle DiMarco Foundation to help deaf children and their families.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News