2017 calendar features top achievers with disabilities
October 16, 2016
The Swarga Foundation in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, has released a special calendar for 2017.
Called 'I'm Special', the calendar highlights the talent and courage of several people with disabilities who have done remarkable work in their fields.
Among the people featured is J. Swarnalatha, who heads the Swarga Foundation. It was set up in 2014 by Swarnalatha who has multiple sclerosis, and her husband Guruprasad. The organization works with people with disabilities and brain-related disorders.
Others in the calendar are a blind Hindustani singer, a Bharatnatyam teacher with Down Syndrome, and a wildlife photographer with multiple sclerosis.
The price of the calendar is Rs. 300. To place orders, one can call 088709-55111 or 98432-49854, or write to email@example.com.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News