2017 calendar features top achievers with disabilities
The Swarga Foundation in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, has released a special calendar for 2017.
Called ‘I’m Special’, the calendar highlights the talent and courage of several people with disabilities who have done remarkable work in their fields.
Among the people featured is J. Swarnalatha, who heads the Swarga Foundation. It was set up in 2014 by Swarnalatha who has multiple sclerosis, and her husband Guruprasad. The organization works with people with disabilities and brain-related disorders.
Others in the calendar are a blind Hindustani singer, a Bharatnatyam teacher with Down Syndrome, and a wildlife photographer with multiple sclerosis.
The price of the calendar is Rs. 300. To place orders, one can call 088709-55111 or 98432-49854, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019