Fashion show in Chandigarh for visually impaired
The National Association for the Blind (NAB) and Amway Opportunity Foundation (AOF) jointly organized a fashion show and talent hunt contest for the blind in Chandigarh.
The events were organized on International White Cane Day which is celebrated every year on 14 October.
The aim was to motivate the academic and overall personality development of visually impaired students.
The events also gave a platform for them to present their talent.
The organizers also plan to conduct a fashion show for people with disabilities on 3 December. The day is celebrated as World Disabled Day.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News