Fashion show in Chandigarh for visually impaired
October 16, 2016
The National Association for the Blind (NAB) and Amway Opportunity Foundation (AOF) jointly organized a fashion show and talent hunt contest for the blind in Chandigarh.
The events were organized on International White Cane Day which is celebrated every year on 14 October.
The aim was to motivate the academic and overall personality development of visually impaired students.
The events also gave a platform for them to present their talent.
The organizers also plan to conduct a fashion show for people with disabilities on 3 December. The day is celebrated as World Disabled Day.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News