Fashion show in Chandigarh for visually impaired
October 16, 2016
The National Association for the Blind (NAB) and Amway Opportunity Foundation (AOF) jointly organized a fashion show and talent hunt contest for the blind in Chandigarh.
The events were organized on International White Cane Day which is celebrated every year on 14 October.
The aim was to motivate the academic and overall personality development of visually impaired students.
The events also gave a platform for them to present their talent.
The organizers also plan to conduct a fashion show for people with disabilities on 3 December. The day is celebrated as World Disabled Day.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News