Government to open 5 special centres for para-athletes
October 18, 2016
The central government plans to set up five national level, well-equipped sports centres for sportspersons with disabilities.
The idea behind opening such centres is to provide them better facilities for training and diet.
The centres will be opened in central, west, north, south and east India.
The government also aims to make all the international airports, domestic airports, railway stations fully accessible to the disabled in the near future.
The initiatives are a part of the Accessible India campaign.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 New study links excessive screen time and ADHD in children
- Get-hooked April 25, 2019 NGO Thanal celebrates Easter Sunday in a special way
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Events April 25, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Accessibility April 25, 2019 Wheelchair users enjoy their first boat ride down Kerala's famous Periyar river
- Get-hooked April 25, 2019 #AutismPower – These budding masterchefs whip up some mouth-watering delights
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Congress list for Delhi polls out
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News