App for feature phones to help the blind
An app called King Voice has been launched that will help people with low or no vision to use a feature phone. Feature phones are those that offer a voice and SMS service and not the Internet.
The company that has launched it is Itel Mobiles. It is part of a Chinese company called Transsion Holdings.
Itel is working closely with blind welfare societies in India to bring more technologies in cheaper phones for the blind and people with low vision.
There are many text to speech applications but these are mostly available in smartphones. Bringing it to a feature phone will help people living in villages who find it difficult to use text messaging service.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News