App for feature phones to help the blind
October 18, 2016
An app called King Voice has been launched that will help people with low or no vision to use a feature phone. Feature phones are those that offer a voice and SMS service and not the Internet.
The company that has launched it is Itel Mobiles. It is part of a Chinese company called Transsion Holdings.
Itel is working closely with blind welfare societies in India to bring more technologies in cheaper phones for the blind and people with low vision.
There are many text to speech applications but these are mostly available in smartphones. Bringing it to a feature phone will help people living in villages who find it difficult to use text messaging service.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News