App for feature phones to help the blind
October 18, 2016
An app called King Voice has been launched that will help people with low or no vision to use a feature phone. Feature phones are those that offer a voice and SMS service and not the Internet.
The company that has launched it is Itel Mobiles. It is part of a Chinese company called Transsion Holdings.
Itel is working closely with blind welfare societies in India to bring more technologies in cheaper phones for the blind and people with low vision.
There are many text to speech applications but these are mostly available in smartphones. Bringing it to a feature phone will help people living in villages who find it difficult to use text messaging service.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Imran Khan invites PM Modi for peace talks
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News