Chennai engineer who makes software accessible for people with disabilities
October 20, 2016
Muthuraj D from Bengaluru can change any kind of software to suit the needs of persons with disabilities.
He is now in charge of a project that can make buses and bus-stops accessible to people with disabilities.
Muthuraj D has developed over eight technologies, some of which have been adapted by big companies like Bosch.
Two years ago, he worked with technology company Mindtree and IIT Madras to develop Kavi that is used by people with severe disabilities.
His innovations cost Rs 5,000 and less which makes them easy to afford.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News