Brain implants help paralysed man feel limbs
October 20, 2016
Researchers in the United States of America have successfully carried out an experiment to help a paralyzed man feel his limbs. The first ever experiment of its kind was carried out to implant very small devices in the parts of the brain that feel emotions.
The device has been tested on a man who was left paralysed in an accident when he was 18 years old.
He was able to feel a sensation on his arm. Doctors and surgeons are sure that with more study the implants can be made better.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News