Brain implants help paralysed man feel limbs
Researchers in the United States of America have successfully carried out an experiment to help a paralyzed man feel his limbs. The first ever experiment of its kind was carried out to implant very small devices in the parts of the brain that feel emotions.
The device has been tested on a man who was left paralysed in an accident when he was 18 years old.
He was able to feel a sensation on his arm. Doctors and surgeons are sure that with more study the implants can be made better.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019