Most Durga pandals in Kolkata are not accessible
October 19, 2016
A study has found that most Durga Puja pandals in Kolkata are not accessible to people with disabilities.
The arrangements made were not suitable for people with physical challenges.
All the major puja pandals had been informed about the visit of people with disabilities. However, there were no wheelchairs or ramps at the venues.
Even volunteers were not there to help them.
Activists say that the state government must look at steps to ensure that durga puja pandals are made accessible.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News