Most Durga pandals in Kolkata are not accessible
A study has found that most Durga Puja pandals in Kolkata are not accessible to people with disabilities.
The arrangements made were not suitable for people with physical challenges.
All the major puja pandals had been informed about the visit of people with disabilities. However, there were no wheelchairs or ramps at the venues.
Even volunteers were not there to help them.
Activists say that the state government must look at steps to ensure that durga puja pandals are made accessible.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News