Deaf child's online request to wear superhero outfit is a hit
October 21, 2016
Three-year-old Kaylieann Steinbach from California, US, is partially deaf.
Her request to wear a supergirl dress for her pre-school photograph has become an online hit.
She has won appreciation from thousands of people around the world after she posted a picture online wearing a supergirl costume with a hearing aid.
Her father said that Kaylieann cannot hear the word 's' due to her deafness which is why she calls the supergirl, Pootergirl.
Her act has inspired thousands of deaf around the world who have thanked her for making them feel better.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News