Deaf child's online request to wear superhero outfit is a hit
October 21, 2016
Three-year-old Kaylieann Steinbach from California, US, is partially deaf.
Her request to wear a supergirl dress for her pre-school photograph has become an online hit.
She has won appreciation from thousands of people around the world after she posted a picture online wearing a supergirl costume with a hearing aid.
Her father said that Kaylieann cannot hear the word 's' due to her deafness which is why she calls the supergirl, Pootergirl.
Her act has inspired thousands of deaf around the world who have thanked her for making them feel better.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News