Government tells states to make buses accessible for people with disabilities
October 23, 2016
The central government has asked states to make sure that buses are equipped with features that make them accessible to people with disabilities.
All states have been told to have 10% of the total number of buses to have features that make them accessible to those with physical and visual disabilities.
Many people with disabilities are scared to use public transport. This is because state-owned and private buses do not meet the needs of people with special needs.State transport departments have also been told to issue driving licenses to the differently abled.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News