Government tells states to make buses accessible for people with disabilities
The central government has asked states to make sure that buses are equipped with features that make them accessible to people with disabilities.
All states have been told to have 10% of the total number of buses to have features that make them accessible to those with physical and visual disabilities.
Many people with disabilities are scared to use public transport. This is because state-owned and private buses do not meet the needs of people with special needs.State transport departments have also been told to issue driving licenses to the differently abled.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News