Government tells states to make buses accessible for people with disabilities
October 23, 2016
The central government has asked states to make sure that buses are equipped with features that make them accessible to people with disabilities.
All states have been told to have 10% of the total number of buses to have features that make them accessible to those with physical and visual disabilities.
Many people with disabilities are scared to use public transport. This is because state-owned and private buses do not meet the needs of people with special needs.State transport departments have also been told to issue driving licenses to the differently abled.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News