Smart wheelchair could improve quality of life
October 24, 2016
Researchers in India are developing a wheelchair controller that automatically avoids obstacles and knows when the user is tired.
The wheelchair has safety features and warning systems to help users better than other wheelchairs.
The wheelchair is programmed to recognize the user's voice.
It has a system to avoid crashing into something else. It also has a warning system that notices emotional stress or sleepiness in the user.
It can keep track of the user's heart rate and temperature.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News