Photo series aims to change views towards people with disabilities
October 25, 2016
A British learning disability charity has introduced a beautiful photo series featuring people with learning disabilities.
The idea is to change the way society views people with learning disabilities.
Famous fashion photographer Rankin has shot the photo series. It challenges the label given to such people by the society.
The photo series is a part of Mencap's 'Here I Am' campaign.
The campaign and a survey of attitudes of society towards people with learning disabilities were launched at the same time.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News