Photo series aims to change views towards people with disabilities
A British learning disability charity has introduced a beautiful photo series featuring people with learning disabilities.
The idea is to change the way society views people with learning disabilities.
Famous fashion photographer Rankin has shot the photo series. It challenges the label given to such people by the society.
The photo series is a part of Mencap’s ‘Here I Am’ campaign.
The campaign and a survey of attitudes of society towards people with learning disabilities were launched at the same time.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News