Photo series aims to change views towards people with disabilities
October 25, 2016
A British learning disability charity has introduced a beautiful photo series featuring people with learning disabilities.
The idea is to change the way society views people with learning disabilities.
Famous fashion photographer Rankin has shot the photo series. It challenges the label given to such people by the society.
The photo series is a part of Mencap's 'Here I Am' campaign.
The campaign and a survey of attitudes of society towards people with learning disabilities were launched at the same time.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News