Nashik boy designs cycle for people with disabilities
A student from Nashik in Maharashtra has designed a tricycle under the government's Accessible India campaign.
Heda plans to donate the first set of cycles to people who inspired him to design the bike.
Unlike other bikes for people with disabilities, Heda's bike costs less.
The bike is white in colour and is light in weight. The seat can be adjusted and it also has a seat belt.
It also has a roof so it can be used in all seasons. The bike runs on battery.
Heda wants to put a solar panel on the roof to make the bike eco-friendly.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019