Smart sock gives sensation to prosthetic limbs
Researchers in Austria have developed a sock that adds sensation to prosthetic limbs.
Called proCover, the design of the sock is close to the natural sense of touch.
The wearable is a low cost one and this means more people can afford it. The sock covers the entire foot and ankle. This is in turn connected to a ring of vibrating motors that can be worn wherever the user finds convenient.
The motors vibrate at different frequencies depending on where the pressure is put.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News