Smart sock gives sensation to prosthetic limbs
October 23, 2016
Researchers in Austria have developed a sock that adds sensation to prosthetic limbs.
Called proCover, the design of the sock is close to the natural sense of touch.
The wearable is a low cost one and this means more people can afford it. The sock covers the entire foot and ankle. This is in turn connected to a ring of vibrating motors that can be worn wherever the user finds convenient.
The motors vibrate at different frequencies depending on where the pressure is put.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News