Smart sock gives sensation to prosthetic limbs
October 23, 2016
Researchers in Austria have developed a sock that adds sensation to prosthetic limbs.
Called proCover, the design of the sock is close to the natural sense of touch.
The wearable is a low cost one and this means more people can afford it. The sock covers the entire foot and ankle. This is in turn connected to a ring of vibrating motors that can be worn wherever the user finds convenient.
The motors vibrate at different frequencies depending on where the pressure is put.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Come, raise a toast to ability at the Sunshine Cafe in Mumbai
- Headlines April 26, 2019 Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 India provides 100 wheelchairs to Afghan war veterans
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Congress list for Delhi polls out
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News