Gaming app to help people with Parkinson's disease
An app called Cognitia PD has been developed to help people with Parkinson's disease.
Parkinsons affects the nervous system. The signs are shaking, rigidity and difficulty in walking.
The app is made up of many mini-games with different levels. As people with Parkinson's disease play the games, researchers collect the data.
Information about the patient’s memory and time taken to react is saved.
The app helps track the daily or weekly changes in a patient's disease. These can be used by doctors to decide the medicine needed by them.
The app is being tested and will soon be available to all.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News