Gaming app to help people with Parkinson's disease
October 31, 2016
An app called Cognitia PD has been developed to help people with Parkinson's disease.
Parkinsons affects the nervous system. The signs are shaking, rigidity and difficulty in walking.
The app is made up of many mini-games with different levels. As people with Parkinson's disease play the games, researchers collect the data.
Information about the patient's memory and time taken to react is saved.
The app helps track the daily or weekly changes in a patient's disease. These can be used by doctors to decide the medicine needed by them.
The app is being tested and will soon be available to all.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News