How parents can help their kids with autism
October 25, 2017
A new study shows that when parents of children with autism work with them from a young age, it helps to improve their ability to communicate.
During the study, children with severe signs of autism were divided into two groups. One group of children and parents received standard treatment. In the other group, parents worked with therapists to better understand how they can communicate with their children effectively.
It showed that parents who received training showed better ability to interact with their children, improvement in children communicating back with their parents and reduced severity of symptoms.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News