How parents can help their kids with autism
October 25, 2017
A new study shows that when parents of children with autism work with them from a young age, it helps to improve their ability to communicate.
During the study, children with severe signs of autism were divided into two groups. One group of children and parents received standard treatment. In the other group, parents worked with therapists to better understand how they can communicate with their children effectively.
It showed that parents who received training showed better ability to interact with their children, improvement in children communicating back with their parents and reduced severity of symptoms.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News