How parents can help their kids with autism
A new study shows that when parents of children with autism work with them from a young age, it helps to improve their ability to communicate.
During the study, children with severe signs of autism were divided into two groups. One group of children and parents received standard treatment. In the other group, parents worked with therapists to better understand how they can communicate with their children effectively.
It showed that parents who received training showed better ability to interact with their children, improvement in children communicating back with their parents and reduced severity of symptoms.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Australian fans criticize local media for insulting Indian cricketers
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Deepika Padukone made 112 crore this year, makes it to top 5 of Forbes’ list
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Come June 2019, Kolkata's historic Victoria Memorial promises to re-open in an accessible avatar
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News