IIT Kharagpur researchers enable web access for people with disabilities
October 29, 2016
Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur have developed a software that helps people with neuro-motor disorders access the Internet easily.
They can play online games and participate in social networking sites like Facebook with little difficulty.
The application arranges social media platforms like Facebook in a way that people with disabilities can use them with devices.
The app can be used on mobile phones and tablets.
They have also developed tools to meet the educational needs of children with special needs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News