IIT Kharagpur researchers enable web access for people with disabilities
October 29, 2016
Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur have developed a software that helps people with neuro-motor disorders access the Internet easily.
They can play online games and participate in social networking sites like Facebook with little difficulty.
The application arranges social media platforms like Facebook in a way that people with disabilities can use them with devices.
The app can be used on mobile phones and tablets.
They have also developed tools to meet the educational needs of children with special needs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Events July 11, 2019 Inclusive Art Therapy Workshop
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News