Surgery helps boy read Braille
November 2, 2016
12-year-old Varun who is from Bengaluru was born blind, with deformities in his right arm and fingers. Because of the deformities in his thumb and fingers, he could not read the Braille script.
Now thanks to a surgery he is able to read the Braille script and hopes to study further.
The surgery was done at Hosmat Hospital. It involved straightening his hand and fingers through a complex realignment of the bones in his forearm and wrist.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News