More students with disabilities attend schools than before, says report
November 3, 2016
A new census report says that nearly two-thirds of students with disabilities are now attending school.
This means that 61% of people with disabilities in the of age group 5-19 are getting an education.
The data shows an improvement of 11% from 2001. In the year 2001, only 50% of people with disabilities were attending school.
But people with multiple disabilities and mental illness did not attend any school.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News