More students with disabilities attend schools than before, says report
A new census report says that nearly two-thirds of students with disabilities are now attending school.
This means that 61% of people with disabilities in the of age group 5-19 are getting an education.
The data shows an improvement of 11% from 2001. In the year 2001, only 50% of people with disabilities were attending school.
But people with multiple disabilities and mental illness did not attend any school.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News