More students with disabilities attend schools than before, says report
November 3, 2016
A new census report says that nearly two-thirds of students with disabilities are now attending school.
This means that 61% of people with disabilities in the of age group 5-19 are getting an education.
The data shows an improvement of 11% from 2001. In the year 2001, only 50% of people with disabilities were attending school.
But people with multiple disabilities and mental illness did not attend any school.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News