Superhero movie Doctor Strange explores disability in a different way
November 5, 2016
Doctor Strange, an American superhero film shows what it means to live life with a disability.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch plays the role of a neurosurgeon who loses his hands in a car accident.
Most films in pop culture show disability in a negative view. It shows people with disabilities as those who have to lead lives with low expectations.
But this film is an exception. Through Benedict's journey in the film, it tries to change attitudes towards disability.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News