Superhero movie Doctor Strange explores disability in a different way
Doctor Strange, an American superhero film shows what it means to live life with a disability.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch plays the role of a neurosurgeon who loses his hands in a car accident.
Most films in pop culture show disability in a negative view. It shows people with disabilities as those who have to lead lives with low expectations.
But this film is an exception. Through Benedict’s journey in the film, it tries to change attitudes towards disability.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News