Superhero movie Doctor Strange explores disability in a different way
November 5, 2016
Doctor Strange, an American superhero film shows what it means to live life with a disability.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch plays the role of a neurosurgeon who loses his hands in a car accident.
Most films in pop culture show disability in a negative view. It shows people with disabilities as those who have to lead lives with low expectations.
But this film is an exception. Through Benedict's journey in the film, it tries to change attitudes towards disability.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News