Uttar Pradesh government makes it easy for the deaf to get driving license
November 6, 2016
The deaf in Uttar Pradesh can soon get a driving license without the approval of the health department.
Transport officials have announced to approve such applications for the learning license test.
Officials have realised that driving is a visual function and loss of hearing does not affect the ability to drive.
The learning test will be taken in real situations for such people instead of a computer-based test.
People with hearing impairment who clear the test and prove their eligibility will be issued the driving license.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News