Uttar Pradesh government makes it easy for the deaf to get driving license
November 6, 2016
The deaf in Uttar Pradesh can soon get a driving license without the approval of the health department.
Transport officials have announced to approve such applications for the learning license test.
Officials have realised that driving is a visual function and loss of hearing does not affect the ability to drive.
The learning test will be taken in real situations for such people instead of a computer-based test.
People with hearing impairment who clear the test and prove their eligibility will be issued the driving license.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Inclusive Art Therapy Workshop
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Kangana faces boycott threat from media
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News