Free BEST bus rides for people with disabilities in Mumbai
November 8, 2016
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) and BEST have announced a new scheme for people with disabilities in Mumbai.
From now onwards, they can travel in BEST buses free of cost to any distance in the city.
People with disabilities can register for a smart card from the nearest BEST depot.
The person will have to pay a one-time fee of Rs 40. They have to take the handicap certificate, a photograph and an identity proof to avail the service. It will take four to seven days for the officials to complete the registration process.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News