Free BEST bus rides for people with disabilities in Mumbai
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) and BEST have announced a new scheme for people with disabilities in Mumbai.
From now onwards, they can travel in BEST buses free of cost to any distance in the city.
People with disabilities can register for a smart card from the nearest BEST depot.
The person will have to pay a one-time fee of Rs 40. They have to take the handicap certificate, a photograph and an identity proof to avail the service. It will take four to seven days for the officials to complete the registration process.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News