Free BEST bus rides for people with disabilities in Mumbai
November 8, 2016
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) and BEST have announced a new scheme for people with disabilities in Mumbai.
From now onwards, they can travel in BEST buses free of cost to any distance in the city.
People with disabilities can register for a smart card from the nearest BEST depot.
The person will have to pay a one-time fee of Rs 40. They have to take the handicap certificate, a photograph and an identity proof to avail the service. It will take four to seven days for the officials to complete the registration process.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News