Photography workshop for the blind in Hyderabad
The University of Hyderabad has organized a photography workshop for visually impaired students at their campus.
Famous author Partho Bhowmick helps blind students to translate mental images into reality while taking pictures.
Bhowmick has been organizing many such workshops across the country for the benefit of the visually impaired people.
Bhowmick has been training his students to use other senses like voice, sound and temperature to identify individual or images.
The university has received funds from the government to create accessible environment and facilities at its campus for the people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News