Braille magazine offers creative ways of expression
November 9, 2016
A Kolkata-based organization Sparshanandan has been offering the blind a platform to express their creativity through an annual Braille poetry magazine.
The magazine, which is called Sparshanandan-Drishtihinder Braille Patrika, was started in 1999. The poems enable one to visualize the writer's imagination.
The editor says that they receive entries from many people and that their enthusiasm is incredible.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News