60-year-old blind Mumbaikar runs 57th half marathon
November 9, 2016
Amarjeet Singh Chawla, a 60-year-old visually impaired person ran his 57th half marathon with a guide runner.
Chawla, who is from Mumbai, was the only blind person to have participated in the recently held event in Pune.
Chawla was diagnosed with macular degeneration at the age of 13. He lost his vision completely by the age of 40. Chawla aims to complete atleast 101 marathons.
Chawla decided to take up running to encourage others to be strong and lead an independent life.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News