60-year-old blind Mumbaikar runs 57th half marathon
Amarjeet Singh Chawla, a 60-year-old visually impaired person ran his 57th half marathon with a guide runner.
Chawla, who is from Mumbai, was the only blind person to have participated in the recently held event in Pune.
Chawla was diagnosed with macular degeneration at the age of 13. He lost his vision completely by the age of 40. Chawla aims to complete atleast 101 marathons.
Chawla decided to take up running to encourage others to be strong and lead an independent life.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 4, 2018 India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Employment December 6, 2018 Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Australian fans criticize local media for insulting Indian cricketers
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Jet Airways cancels 14 flights as pilots didn’t show up for work
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News