60-year-old blind Mumbaikar runs 57th half marathon
November 9, 2016
Amarjeet Singh Chawla, a 60-year-old visually impaired person ran his 57th half marathon with a guide runner.
Chawla, who is from Mumbai, was the only blind person to have participated in the recently held event in Pune.
Chawla was diagnosed with macular degeneration at the age of 13. He lost his vision completely by the age of 40. Chawla aims to complete atleast 101 marathons.
Chawla decided to take up running to encourage others to be strong and lead an independent life.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News