New device helps blind people read without braille
HandSight, a new device has been developed in the US that will help the blind people read by keeping a tiny camera on their fingertip.
The camera measures just one millimeter and sits on the tip of the finger.
When a blind person reads a line of text with his finger, a nearby computer reads it out.
The device can help to read printed materials with many columns of text easily without braille.
The idea is to empower the blind people to carry out their daily activities with the help of technology.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019