First driving school in India for people with disabilities
48-year-old Harish Kumar from Ahmedabad was born without a limb below the elbow joint on his right side.
But he never let his disability come in the way of his interest for driving.
Kumar has set national and international records in motor driving.
When he entered the Limca Book of Records by covering 6000 KM in 129 hours, he was approached by many people with disabilities.
They wanted to learn driving from Kumar as no driving schools accepted them.
Kumar started Ability on Wheels, a first motor driving school to motivate people with disabilities and help them drive on their own.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019