Wheelchair tennis player promotes Accessible India campaign
H Boniface Prabhu, a wheelchair tennis player has started a journey across India from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.
He is travelling 3,500 km across 14 cities to spread awareness about disability and to promote the Accessible India campaign of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Prabhu’s initiative is called Thums Up Veer Kashmir to Kanyakumari (K2K).
He has started the travel on 9 November and will be attending events at various cities. He will meet students and people to help them understand the issues facing people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News