Wheelchair tennis player promotes Accessible India campaign
November 16, 2016
H Boniface Prabhu, a wheelchair tennis player has started a journey across India from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.
He is travelling 3,500 km across 14 cities to spread awareness about disability and to promote the Accessible India campaign of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Prabhu's initiative is called Thums Up Veer Kashmir to Kanyakumari (K2K).
He has started the travel on 9 November and will be attending events at various cities. He will meet students and people to help them understand the issues facing people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News