Deaf critic movie review of Arrival
December 14, 2016
Arrival is an American science fiction film. It is based on the short story titled Story of Your Life.
The film stars Amy Adams (as linguist Dr. Louise Banks), Jeremy Renner (as physicist Ian Donnelly), Forest Whitaker (as senior US military officer) in important roles.
The story is about 12 alien spacecraft that appear across the globe at random places.
Dr Louise Banks is approached by the senior US military officer to join a team and find out why the aliens have come to Earth.
Louise alongwith Ian Donnelly investigate the spacecraft to understand their purpose at a time when the world views the aliens as a danger to humanity.
Louise finds out that the aliens use a written language of difficult circular symbols.
Louise and Ian begin to learn the symbols and understand the basic words. As Louise becomes more expert in the language, she starts to see images of herself with her daughter.
Amy and Jeremy deliver a good performance in the film. The true purpose of these spacecraft is an interesting reveal. The film is a must watch due to its engaging story about the values of time, love, life and death.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News