Braille institute in US organizes cooking classes for the blind
November 19, 2016
The Braille Institute in the United States has introduced a new Kitchen Confidence program for the visually impaired.
The class is run by Margaret Blomberg, a person with low vision who runs it along with Spanish instructors.
Students get an opportunity to learn how to use utensils, how to safely pour hot liquids, how to identify and label foods, among others.
The idea is to help the visually impaired students of all ages to learn how to cook, or to get back in the kitchen after losing their sight. It aims to help such people to live independently.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News