Braille institute in US organizes cooking classes for the blind
November 19, 2016
The Braille Institute in the United States has introduced a new Kitchen Confidence program for the visually impaired.
The class is run by Margaret Blomberg, a person with low vision who runs it along with Spanish instructors.
Students get an opportunity to learn how to use utensils, how to safely pour hot liquids, how to identify and label foods, among others.
The idea is to help the visually impaired students of all ages to learn how to cook, or to get back in the kitchen after losing their sight. It aims to help such people to live independently.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News