Braille institute in US organizes cooking classes for the blind
The Braille Institute in the United States has introduced a new Kitchen Confidence program for the visually impaired.
The class is run by Margaret Blomberg, a person with low vision who runs it along with Spanish instructors.
Students get an opportunity to learn how to use utensils, how to safely pour hot liquids, how to identify and label foods, among others.
The idea is to help the visually impaired students of all ages to learn how to cook, or to get back in the kitchen after losing their sight. It aims to help such people to live independently.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News