Braille institute in US organizes cooking classes for the blind
The Braille Institute in the United States has introduced a new Kitchen Confidence program for the visually impaired.
The class is run by Margaret Blomberg, a person with low vision who runs it along with Spanish instructors.
Students get an opportunity to learn how to use utensils, how to safely pour hot liquids, how to identify and label foods, among others.
The idea is to help the visually impaired students of all ages to learn how to cook, or to get back in the kitchen after losing their sight. It aims to help such people to live independently.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018