Blind critic movie review of Dear Zindagi
A blind perspective:
Dear Zindagi is a Hindi drama film directed by Gauri Shinde. The film stars Alia Bhatt (as Kaira) and Shah Rukh Khan (as Jahangir Khan) in important roles.
The movie is a journey of a girl who climbs the ladder of success by overcoming the problems in her personal and professional life.
It is the story of Kaira, an ambitious girl who fights with herself and society for freedom. The film introduces Kaira as a cinematographer who shoots small ads and videos.
Kaira gets an opportunity to work in a big project with the help of her film producer boyfriend. However, she rejects the offer after her breakup.
Therapist Jahangir Khan plays an important role in helping Kaira solve her inner beliefs and fears that affects her personal relationships.
Jahangir motivates Kaira to choose the easy way instead of the difficult one to achieve her goals.
The dialogues are enough for a visually impaired person to understand the film.
The storytelling is very simple and sober and lacks intensity. Music also does not give justice to many scenes.
Verdict: A one-time watch for handling sensitive and philosophical subjects with balance.
A sighted perspective:
Dear Zindagi is one of the coolest Hindi films with a female hero. It describes Kaira as an aspiring film director in the male-dominated world.
The ups and downs in Kaira’s life makes her feel depressed. She feels the need to consult a therapist or psychiatrist and that’s when Jahangir Khan makes an entry in the film.
Jahangir shares his wisdom for life over long walks on the beach and cycling sessions with Kaira. Eventually, Kaira feels more free and starts liking the way she is and her overall life.
It is a refreshing movie with a mix of love, comedy, philosophy and emotions.
Alia and Shah Rukh have done a good job and the script keeps the viewers engaged throughout the film.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018