Blind critic movie review of Dear Zindagi
December 7, 2016
A blind perspective:
Dear Zindagi is a Hindi drama film directed by Gauri Shinde. The film stars Alia Bhatt (as Kaira) and Shah Rukh Khan (as Jahangir Khan) in important roles.
The movie is a journey of a girl who climbs the ladder of success by overcoming the problems in her personal and professional life.
It is the story of Kaira, an ambitious girl who fights with herself and society for freedom. The film introduces Kaira as a cinematographer who shoots small ads and videos.
Kaira gets an opportunity to work in a big project with the help of her film producer boyfriend. However, she rejects the offer after her breakup.
Therapist Jahangir Khan plays an important role in helping Kaira solve her inner beliefs and fears that affects her personal relationships.
Jahangir motivates Kaira to choose the easy way instead of the difficult one to achieve her goals.
The dialogues are enough for a visually impaired person to understand the film.
The storytelling is very simple and sober and lacks intensity. Music also does not give justice to many scenes.
Verdict: A one-time watch for handling sensitive and philosophical subjects with balance.
A sighted perspective:
Dear Zindagi is one of the coolest Hindi films with a female hero. It describes Kaira as an aspiring film director in the male-dominated world.
The ups and downs in Kaira's life makes her feel depressed. She feels the need to consult a therapist or psychiatrist and that's when Jahangir Khan makes an entry in the film.
Jahangir shares his wisdom for life over long walks on the beach and cycling sessions with Kaira. Eventually, Kaira feels more free and starts liking the way she is and her overall life.
It is a refreshing movie with a mix of love, comedy, philosophy and emotions.
Alia and Shah Rukh have done a good job and the script keeps the viewers engaged throughout the film.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Headlines June 27, 2019 PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News