Blind critic movie review of Dear Zindagi
A blind perspective:
Dear Zindagi is a Hindi drama film directed by Gauri Shinde. The film stars Alia Bhatt (as Kaira) and Shah Rukh Khan (as Jahangir Khan) in important roles.
The movie is a journey of a girl who climbs the ladder of success by overcoming the problems in her personal and professional life.
It is the story of Kaira, an ambitious girl who fights with herself and society for freedom. The film introduces Kaira as a cinematographer who shoots small ads and videos.
Kaira gets an opportunity to work in a big project with the help of her film producer boyfriend. However, she rejects the offer after her breakup.
Therapist Jahangir Khan plays an important role in helping Kaira solve her inner beliefs and fears that affects her personal relationships.
Jahangir motivates Kaira to choose the easy way instead of the difficult one to achieve her goals.
The dialogues are enough for a visually impaired person to understand the film.
The storytelling is very simple and sober and lacks intensity. Music also does not give justice to many scenes.
Verdict: A one-time watch for handling sensitive and philosophical subjects with balance.
A sighted perspective:
Dear Zindagi is one of the coolest Hindi films with a female hero. It describes Kaira as an aspiring film director in the male-dominated world.
The ups and downs in Kaira’s life makes her feel depressed. She feels the need to consult a therapist or psychiatrist and that’s when Jahangir Khan makes an entry in the film.
Jahangir shares his wisdom for life over long walks on the beach and cycling sessions with Kaira. Eventually, Kaira feels more free and starts liking the way she is and her overall life.
It is a refreshing movie with a mix of love, comedy, philosophy and emotions.
Alia and Shah Rukh have done a good job and the script keeps the viewers engaged throughout the film.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019