Atulyakala launches a new sign language friendly cafe
November 28, 2016
HearKen Cafe is a new sign-language friendly cafe situated in New Delhi.
The cafe is run by deaf people and owned by Smriti Nagpal who has been running a foundation named Atulyakala for the past 3 years.
Atulyakala is a social enterprise that empowers deaf artists through design partnerships and creative associations.
The cafe serves food with fusion and offers relaxed co-working space. It also has elevator-access upto the seating area and ramps being built for the washrooms.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News