Atulyakala launches a new sign language friendly cafe
November 28, 2016
HearKen Cafe is a new sign-language friendly cafe situated in New Delhi.
The cafe is run by deaf people and owned by Smriti Nagpal who has been running a foundation named Atulyakala for the past 3 years.
Atulyakala is a social enterprise that empowers deaf artists through design partnerships and creative associations.
The cafe serves food with fusion and offers relaxed co-working space. It also has elevator-access upto the seating area and ramps being built for the washrooms.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News