Atulyakala launches a new sign language friendly cafe
HearKen Cafe is a new sign-language friendly cafe situated in New Delhi.
The cafe is run by deaf people and owned by Smriti Nagpal who has been running a foundation named Atulyakala for the past 3 years.
Atulyakala is a social enterprise that empowers deaf artists through design partnerships and creative associations.
The cafe serves food with fusion and offers relaxed co-working space. It also has elevator-access upto the seating area and ramps being built for the washrooms.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News