A social media site for people with disabilities
A Class 10 student from Vadodara is all set to launch a website named Divyang Dost this week.
The student, Naman Parikh, says the website is only for people with disabilities.
Parikh, who is a golf and football player, got the idea of designing this website while working as a volunteer with an NGO for people with disabilities.
Through this website, he hopes to create a greater understanding for their needs. The website is open to all to register. On the basis of a user's hobbies, likes, gender, age and city, the website will create random matches between two persons.
For security, Parikh has also added some steps. Any abled person who registers on the website will have to share details of any one identity card issued by the government.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019