Why the RPWD matters to me
December 1, 2016
I, as a person with disability, want to live not merely exist. I know I can, I am able - I just need a strong legislation to protect me and to ensure that I'm able to live my dreams and to do the things that everyone else does.
I have no idea what the future holds and what the opportunities are going to be, but that's exactly why the Bill must be passed.
I am part of the community and I have a right to everything the community has to offer. The RPWD says I am out there and I have the right - it forces my community, my state and my nation to be aware that I belong.
This is especially desperately needed in my home state Nagaland.This is why the RPWD Bill matters to me. I want to live, not merely exist!
About the Writer
Diethono Nakhro heads the Connect Ability Network in Nagaland
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News